This non-credit program prepares individuals for entry-level positions as certified nurse assistants in local nursing homes. Applicants for training must meet all screening and testing requirements to include a background check, drug screen, physical exam, proof of immunizations, hepatitis A and B vaccinations, and negative TB test. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required. All applicants must achieve acceptable testing level on the WorkKeys assessment. Applicants must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency (HSE). Selected participants take part in classroom instruction and clinical practice. Soft skill training is incorporated into the program.
COST OF PROGRAM
There are no costs to the individual. All instructional materials for this training will be provided through funding sources.
This training program requires a full-time 11-week commitment on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from the participants. Classroom instruction time is 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and clinical are held 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday through Friday at Delmar Gardens West.
Below are the steps of the application process. Applicants will need to complete and provide the following information:
- Step 1 – Contact SLATE at 314-657-3504, 314-657-3505, or 657-3562 to attend an information session and complete WorkKeys testing.
- Step 2 – Complete drug test, criminal background check, and Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) as designated by SLATE. All applicants are required to have a clear drug test, background screening, and family care safety registry.
- Step 4 – Applicant packet – A copy of the following documents are required to be accepted into the training.
- High school diploma, high school transcript or GED (Foreign diplomas must be translated into English and evaluated through ECE 414-289-3400)
- Physical exam, proof of immunizations, hepatitis A and B vaccinations (The first vaccination of the three-step process for Hepatitis B needs to be completed 2 weeks prior to class start date), and negative TB test.
- Copy of background check, drug screening, and Family Care Safety Registry
All of the above information needs to be turned into STL TRAINING at least two weeks prior to class start date.